Re: surprise! was( USR; dialing wrong number)

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Thomas Adams wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 08:19:13PM +0400, Eugene Sevinian wrote:
>
> > April 1. The matter is that during dialing from minicom it performs kind
> > of maping. So 1->9, 2->8, 3->7...9->1, 0->0. The same is under Norton
> > Terminal Emulation. :)))
>
> Are you using pulse dialling? Somewhere I read that there are countries (I
> think Scandinavian countries were mentioned) where numbers are represented
> with an amount of pulses which differ from the usual amount of pulses for a
> given number.
>
> Check your init string, maybe it switches your modem to such a weird mode of
> operation. If it's just ATZ then I would do an AT&F&W and see if it works.

Yes, I am using pulse dialling. It was working correct while tone
dialing from another telephone company. However, using AT&F&W instead
of ATZ did not fixed the problem.

Thanks to all who have helped me to understand what kind of modem is it.

Eugene Sevinian