apt-get wants to remove my packages ?

Hi,

I ran apt-get today and some strange things happen : as usual, apt-get
update ; apt-get dist-upgrade found new packages to upgrade but, for
the first time, it removes some of my installed packages, even
sysvinit, bsdmainutils and bsdutils. Last but not least, it ended with
removing dpkg himself !

Good thing to not have dpkg installed anymore... Easy to regenerate
the whole stuff ! So, with alien and some patience, i've corrected the
trouble, but when i try apt-get again, i get the following messages :

=-=-=-=-=
titine:/var/cache/apt/archives# apt-get dist-upgrade
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
Note, a broken or group was found in gnus.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnus xemacs20-nomule bsdutils modutils emacsen-common xemacs20-bin bbdb
  bsdmainutils xemacs20-support sysvinit dpkg inn cron
The following packages have been kept back
  gtop imlib-dev doc-linux-text
3 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 13 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0b/1923k of archives. After unpacking 45.1M will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

I don't understand why apt-get wants to remove these packages ?

Ok, i know 'unstable' is unstable... but this message comes from a
'frozen' update.

My dpkg version is 1.4.1, and my libc6 version is 2.0.7u-6.

Any idea ?
Éric Jacoboni     « J'ai épuisé le tout-venant, je vais me risquer dans
                    le bizarre » (M. Audiard)