Re: PPP connection speeds...

Shao Zhang writes:
> At a moment, I am trying to install some network packages to speed up the
> connection. I have tried to install squid, mtr, apache and so on. I don't
> know if they can help, but redhat has got all of these installed.

None of these will change the speed of your ppp connection.

> One other thing that I found is that It seemed that lynx's transfer rate
> is much faster than netscape. That's why I had a go on installing the
> package squid.

I think you may be confusing the performance of your browser with the speed
of your ppp connection.

> Also, Redhat has got a RPM called caching-nameserver. Do we have one in
> debian??

Install bind and give the correct answers when you run bindconfig and you
will get a caching-only nameserver.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)