Re: scriptl interacts with telnet port daemon?

zhaoway <zhaoway@public1.ptt.js.cn> writes:

> I want to do a bot in a mud 10.74.i.forget 1999, want a perl
> script to do this. Is this the correct thing to do to play
> with following script and interacts with telnet 10.74.xx.xx 1999?
> i.e. open (mud, 'telnet localhost 1999')

You should probably connect directly from Perl instead of trying to
use the telnet program.  See `man perlipc'.

However, the MUD probably uses Telnet command codes, so something like
Net::Telnet would be better.  The one that comes with `libnet-perl'
isn't the right one - try looking at:

    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Net/Net-Telnet-3.01.tar.gz

> very few programming experience ;-P

I don't think this is the right thing to start with.  :-/

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird