Installation woes

I had sent an earlier message regarding installation problems and
did receive some messages back but was unable to read them. So
I will try this again. (Thanks to everyone that did reply)   I have tried
to install Debian numerous times on my machine:

P133, 128meg, 8.4 ide, 2.5 ide (install drive for Debian), and a 1 gb
scsi drive, 40X cdrom ide, 144 floppy drive.

I have installed Red Hat successfully on the 1 gb drive and I use
system commander to boot between Windows 98 and Linux.  I
installed the 2.5 gb drive to install Debian and partitioned it using
dos in a 2 gb main and 500 mg swap.  I tried to install Debian off
the CD (version 2.0.2) and was able to boot, partition and intialize
the drive, pick the keyboard type but when I go to install the kernel
the installation process says:

Starting to extract Rescue disk

Then it blows up and gives and error that extraction of the Rescue
disk failed (there is a message in the background but the windowed
message covers it) and that is that.  So I tried booting off a rescue
floppy and then installing off the CD but the same error.  I then
downloaded the disk set off the web.  Made a floppy disk
installation set and tried it once again.  Guess what,  same place
same error!  I would appreciate any help at this time.  I have
checked the installation instructions numerous times thinking I
missed something as well as checking this mailing list and web
site for help.  I would really like to get this installed.  Thanks for
any help.

Tom Anzalone
Tanzalon@harrisassoc.com