RE: Recommendations for Email client?

> I would like to suggest that you split the retrieval/sorting/filtering
> duties from the Email client (MUA).
> You can use fetchmail to download all your email from multiple accounts.
> Then you use smail/procmail or exim to sort and deliver it locally.
> Then, all your MUA has to do is be able to read from different folders.

Unfortunately, this would eliminate the major advantage of IMAP.  I read
my mail from two different locations (home and work) and up to 5 different
computers.  Storing the mail locally really isn't an option, although I
suppose I could make *copies* of it instead of moving it from the mailserver
to a local machine.

> And if you must have an X-based MUA, then I would suggest mutt...
> (in an xterm) ;)

Hmm.. so far mutt has two votes.  I'll try it when I get home from work
tonight.

-Jon Burchmore