ISDN connection

Hello All,

Myself and a group of friends wish to connect to WWW by using a permanent
connection but if we all have 33.6K modems and are all connected then it
seems that we require at least a 512K connection which is prohibitively
expensive !

Question 1.  Is the calculation: <number of possible users> = <permanent
speed> div <users connection speed> correct ? (ie. 512K / 33.6K = 15.238...
users)
- I imagined that a high speed connection such as 512K would support 1000
users not just 15 !

Question 2.  If we do not intend to host our own web pages on our computer
do we need to use a web server such as Apache ?  If not, what is the
mechanism for accessing the web through a single computer ?

Question 3.  If we use Apache (or other server software), how does it work
???  I mean, does Apache request the page from the remote server, download
to its own memory at, say, 512K and then send to the user at 33.6K or are
all requests done at the speed of the user so that 15 users as calculated
in question 1 is correct ?

TIA

Ivan.