Re: Where can I find KDE debs?

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> This question may have been asked before - if so please excuse me.
>
> I want to install KDE on my system but am finding that there are no
> debian packages of KDE available anywhere - ftp.kde.org appears to have
> some libc5 binaries available in contrib, but nothing for glibc6 - the
> directory appears to have been cleared.
>
> I know about the recent decision by Debian not to distribute KDE debs,
> but surely there are some debs somewhere?
>
> Tanks,

KDE is available in the Debian 2.0 (hamm) distribution in the contrib
section.  I've been running this for a couple of weeks now with success.
This is not quite the latest version of KDE, though what the practical
differences are I'm not sure. My experience has been that it is fairly
capable and stable. As far as debs for the latest KDE releases, I'm not
sure. I read somewhere in one of the lengthy KDE threads that someone
intended to continue to package the KDE stuff in Debian form and put it on
ftp.kde.org, but I haven't located it yet.