Re: Kernel 2.0.34 problems

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 01:39:25PM +1100, Richard Lyon wrote:
> >     We'll find out shortly.  I'm FTPing the sources from sunsite.  Never
> > did like the Debian way of doing the Kernel.
> >

> GULP.... This seems a bit drastic, "make zlilo" works for me with 2.0.34.
> It almost seems like you have not installed all the right development
> bits. Have you got a copy of these missing header files anywhere on your
> machine?

    Drastic?  Why?  Seems sensable to me.  Anyway, found out what the
problem was.  I updated libc to get apt working on my laptop which runs a
mainly hamm system.  Of course, when I did that I didn't update the header
files, just removed them, because apt will not install anything if there is
an error in the database, even if it is unrelated.  Most annoying.  So once
I knocked myself on the noggin' for that one I get the headers and a new
libc.  Of course, now apt is broken.  :/

    OTOH, I finally got my kernel recompiled and my trackpoint is working.
Now to just get pcmcia working.  :/

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my