Re: Permission(s) & /etc/skel

At 09:51 PM 11/29/1998 -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 08:33:03PM -0600, William Flores wrote:
>> I have a couple of ??'s here...and I'm still new to linux...but have felt
>> 1st question:  I have /etc/skel w/ public_html in it...  I have /etc/skel
><snip ls output>
>
>Is the /home directory sgid as well? I believe this is why the other
>directories become +s. Either way I personally prefer to setup
>adduser.conf to not create groups for each user but instead use group
>users or staff, then you can chmod -s /home.

Yes it was....fixed.  Also got rid of the groups and redid the user id's
from scratch.

><snip>
>> Now if I were to u/l a file via WS_FTP say download.html here is what
happens:

>This has to do with possibly your ftpd, not sure why it uses that umask,
>but see if it is defined in the ftpd config somewhere, it's also possible
>that you ftp client is doing this intentionally from some setting, have
>you tried another ftp client perhaps a unix one?

Well..I did switch to Netscape and u/l there....both times.. same thing
happened - permission denied...  But couldn't discover how or where it was
doing it...   :)  Any other ideas..like how to change the permissions the
the users group uses??

Let's try again.