Re: Compress

> Anyone know where I can get 'compress' program?

Probably nowhere for linux.  The algorithm it uses is patented,  so it's
not legal to write Free Software versions of it (although gzip can
_un_compress files that have been compressed with compress).  Your best
bet is to either use gzip (it works better anyway) or use compress on a
solaris box.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|            And if you on tight to what you think is your thing         |
|                you may find you're missing all the rest ...            |
|	         - Dave Matthews,  "Best of What's Around"               |