Installing Debian 2.0 (Intel) for first time

Hi;
    (My System:QDI 430TX motherboard,CyriX 200MMX CPU and 96MG Edo Ram)

    I am new to Linux & Debian, Also I am not a programmer. I have
tried to install Debian 2.0 (Intel)from CD. I have Win98 on my 4.3GB
hard drive so I cleared 2.4G and managed to create a 200Mg root
partition dev/hda3, a 96MG ((is this much necessary? )swap partition
dev/hda7 an a 2.1+GB linux partition dev/hda8 and have reached the
"Configure Device Drivers" step; but I am unsure what settings to use.
Here is a list of the additional hardware I have:

HP 7100i CD Writer ( uses Direct CD for writing data and Easy Cd for
writing audio )

Philips DRD 5200 DVD ROM
Matrox Millennium II ( 4MG )
Real Magic Hollywood 2 Mpeg2 Card
US Robotic Sportster 56.6K Fax\Voice Modem
Flyvideo II ( TV Tuner Card )
Standard serial mouse

    Can you please let me know what I must do to get them to run in
Linux?. Also at one attempted to install I left "Configure Device
Drivers" blank, then when I reached the "list of access methods" in
Dselect, when I chose cdrom it requested the "Block" I do not know
what this is. I read the "Dselect documentation for beginners" but it
has no mention of this. It does talk about mounting your CD could you
explain what mounting is and how I can mount the CD drives mentioned
above.

   Finally can you recommend the best learning materials for learning
how to use and get the most out of Linux ( remembering I am a beginner )

Thanks

Chris