Re: linuxconf

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Pere Camps wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 	Has anyone succesfully installed linuxconf on debian? If yes, is
> it worth it?

At the moment, linuxconf-version 1.10r34 is available in
projects/experimental.

Recent linuxconf-release is 1.13r7, but the debian-maintainer is obviously
to busy to build a new release. I did a deb by my self. But there are
serious problems:

First of all, linuxconf breaks! Debian sysvinit, this means you can't
boot, if you let do linuxconf the booting. it is possible to edit the
/etc/init.d/rc-script provided with linuxconf that you can boot. But this
means you can't use the benefits of linuxconf while booting.

Otherwise linuxconf is IMHO a very easy to use config-utility.
If some more people can help me testing linuxconf we can make it usable
for debian.

I try to get more info from the author how linuxconf can be set up for
debian.

You can download my recent package if you want to test it.

my homepage will be available within 2 or 3 days.

--
Heute ist nicht alle Tage, ich komme wieder, keine Frage!!!

   Joerg