PPP options for diferent nodes (was: ... different providers)

Hi there,

since the node I connect through to my provider has changed, I'm trying to
change the configuration for it.  My first step was to change the file
/etc/chatscripts/provider to change the phone number to dial out, which is
now like follows:

ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT VOICE
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "NO ANSWER"
"" ATZ
OK ATDT963000111
CONNECT \d\c

next, I changed the DNS in /etc/resolv.conf, and then the file
/etc/ppp/peers/provider like so:

# This file was generated by pppconfig.  You can edit the following lines
# but please do not delete lines or the change the comments or you will
# confuse pppconfig.
noauth         #pppconfig_noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/retenet"  #pppconfig_connect
debug          #pppconfig_debug
/dev/ttyS1       #pppconfig_dev
115200      #pppconfig_speed
defaultroute         #pppconfig_route
noipdefault      #pppconfig_ipdefault
user my_id@servicom  #pppconfig_user
# End of pppconfig controlled lines.  You can add lines below here without
# confusing pppconfig.
noproxyarp

where "retenet" is the new name for both /etc/chatscripts/provider and
/etc/ppp/peers/provider.  The problem is that I had to change the old line:
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/infovia"   for the new:
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/retenet"   and the initial
comment on the above file says not to delete line or change the comments...
I have had no success in connecting thus far, what's the right way of doing
this?  how do I do in order to connect through the new node?

Thanks in advance,

Horacio.