Re: dselect problem on install

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Patrick Colbeck wrote:

> Has anyone seen this problem with Debian 2.0 (from Cheapbytes) before ?
> It does the initial install fine and the reboots and asks you what type of
> install you want eg Scientific workstation etc and then runs deselect. When it
> gets to installing the packages all goes fine until it starts to ask about
> creating the XF86Confing file.
> At this point if I answer YES or No it no longer responds to any keyboard
> input. I can switch to another vty and kill -s 9 the current post install
> process and then when I switch back to the original vty it has moved on to the
> next package and proceded OK until it needs some user input but the keyboard is
> still locked out.
> Any ideas ?
>
> Pat

I vaguely remember having this problem. I think my solution was to give up
on the CD and install from FTP. Sorry this isn't any help, but I did want
you to know that you're not the only one to have experienced this.

Actually, as I remember, it seems that the display output started getting
flakey also, not putting line breaks where they belonged, etc. I think I
had to switch to a different vterm and kill that entire login process in
order to regain control of that vterm.

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu