An alternative to glint (reading rpm's)

Hello Debian Land,

I made an interesting purchase just recently of Red Hat
5.1, thinking I would try it out and see if it was any
better.  It had some advantages and disadvantages, but
in the end I decided to come back to debian.

The situation I am in now however, is that I have an
applications CD (the third Cd in the set) from redhat
5.1, but I have no idea what these applications are.  I
would like to try these out but want to know what is
what.  Is there a way to see what these applications
are, without re-installing redhat???

I believe that redhat uses a program called glide to
read this application CD, is there an equivalent for
debian ??  or should I try installing glide (which I
doubt would work as I would need to include other parts
of redhat)  ??

Any one have comments on this...
Thanks.
--
John Stevenson, Objective Alliance: www.oa.nl

"Objects are not a technology, they are a state of
mind"