Oracle 8i has problems

Hi,

We managed to set up an Oracle Version 8i on our 2xPII/512MB debian box
with the Oracle Webserver, but it answers webrequests only all 10.05
seconds. If I manage to wget the page right before the tick, I get it
instantly, otherwise I have to wait up to 10 seconds. Logs seem to think
the request is completed instantly, but it isn't... It seems the page is
blocked afterwards, outside Oracle.

Since no one out there seems to have that problem we consider to try out
Redhat, which would be a pity. So, I would be glad if someone could give
me a hint what to try.

Thanks,
--
Lukas Eppler (godot)