Re: Problems with Exim with ISP-dialupping

Vesa Kaihlavirta <ronin@kolumbus.fi> writes:

> I'm using an ISP to connect to the net. Exim's autoconfiguration makes a
> working configuration, except that I cannot mail @kolumbus.fi. Those
> addresses are considered local, and so if I try to mail some @kolumbus.fi,
> I get a return receipt:

[snip]

> I'd like @kolumbus.fi understood as a mailname that resides in the net, and
> @localhost as the _real_ local mailname.

As I understand it, you can make this happen by entering _just_
localhost in local_domains, and by commenting out
"local_domains_include_host" as well if your hostname looks like
"kolumbus.fi" to exim.

You can also look at the rewriting rules near the bottom, which might
be useful.  I have the following lines to rewrite local (bogus)
addresses.

--- /etc/exim.conf ---
*@psyche.evansnet       ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/mailfrom}{$value}fail} fF
------

--- /etc/mailfrom ---
carey: c.evans@clear.net.nz
------

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird