Re: PPP options for different providers - how ?

wb2oyc writes:
> Well, see, therein lies part of the problem with this ppp thing.  It
> changes so much with each release, with refinements or whatever, that the
> use of it is altered.

And therein lies part of the advantage of the Debian packaging system.
When Phillip releases a new upstream version of pppd, he includes postinst
scripts to convert form the old arrangement to the new, while I revise
pppconfig to deal transparently with the upstream maintainer's latest
notions.  You, as user, needn't worry about it: it just works.  Unless, of
course, you have done non-standard stuff like editing /etc/ppp/options or
using old Slackware-style scripts.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)