Re: Debian Linux 2: shutdown unmounts unclean!

In article <cistron.m0zicR9-000BcrC@canax.onu.edu>,
Sebastian Canagaratna <scanagar@canax.onu.edu> wrote:
>Hi:
>
> I recently upgraded to Debian Linux 2: the upgrade at home
> went smoothly, but I had a problem at office. I seem to be
> solving most problems, but this one I do not understand:
>
>   When I shutdown with shutdown -h now, there seems to be no complaint
>   but when I boot next time it seems to think the hard disks, two
>   of them, were not mounted cleanly and does an e2fsck every time.
>   ( The version of e2fsck is 1.10 ). How do I go about trying
>   to sort this out? Are there any log files which might
>   give me a clue.

Are you running a 2.1.x kernel? If so, read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes about libc6 (section has been
added in 2.1.128 or so) :

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?