Re: Problem with PPP & ISDN

>> "JE" == Joe Emenaker <jemenake@scully.cob.calpoly.edu> writes:

JE> However, when I try using the ISDN through the Linux box, it fails.

JE> The ISDN TA (modem) is a 3COM ImpactIQ external.

More infos would have been more useful.

With the modem, you connect and use PAP for authenticating?

Then most likely you just have to activate SyncPPP<->asyncHDLC
translation (it may be called differently in your manual) and just
continue to use your old scripts.

This is a AT command to send to the modem before dialing. For a ELSA
TLV, it is ATB8\N10

Check the manual for the proper command.

Otherwise, activate "debug" in the pppd options and check
/var/log/ppp.log for debug info.

Ciao,
	Martin