Re: Netscape confusion

MoiN

On 24 Nov 1998, Gossamer wrote:

> I've installed netscape-base-4 and netscape-base-45 and
> netscape-java-45 but none of them seem to contain the binary.  Nor
> does the explanations say what other package they need to complete
> it.  NOR do theydepend on anything else.
>
> What'd I miss?
>
> I -just- want the browser, not the news and mail and composer stuff
> so I don't want to install the whole communicator shebaang.

You have to install one of the
(navigator|communicator)-[ds]motif-<version> packages to get the binary
plus the required packages. E.g. if you dont have motif and want only the
web-browser try "navigator-smotif-45". Bu tbe aware that this package
takes about 3Mb (the "communicator-*" takes 3.3Mb)

You need additional packages, so try to select this package in dselect and
look for suggestions to install.

I have no idea why netscape-base* does not suggest
(navigator|commonicator)-?motif*.

    Ingo
--
Starting Java...