Re: Typing software [OFF TOPIC}

eric enlightened,

> There is a debian package called ... typist!  It works OK, though it
> has some bugs in some of the lessons:  sometimes part of the previous
> page remains on the screen.  It was good enough for me to get the gist
> of touch typing,  I suppose the rest will be a matter of practice.

It also has a major conceptual flaw in how it advances characters.

If you are asked to type

   abcdefg

and instead type

   abccdefg

That is not one error, but five

Accordingly, at any error, you must stop typing, examine the screen to
see where you landed in the sequence, and what the next character is.
This isn't *as* bad a habit as looking at the keys, but I'd be hard
pressed to think of any other worse ones to instill in a trainee

Yeah, yeah, right a patch so that it can proceed with either the next
character, or the character that was missed.  Right after I get the
rest of mailmerge working in lyx 1.1 and write a configuration database
for kids games, dosemu, and wine . . .