Compiling with libc5

Hi,

I wanted to compile a program on my hamm machine and ran into some problems.
I found that the reason for the errors were due to libc5 dependency of the
program. I installed libc5-altdev package and tried to compile the program
with the following command line:

   gcc -nostdinc -I/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include \
     -I/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.3/include -c xxx.c

as mentioned in the Glibc2 howto. Unfortunately, this is not compiling the
program complaining about undefined functions, unknown sizes, etc. The very
same thing compiles neatly on a bo box. Are there any other options that
I have missed?

Thanks,

sridhar