Re: DNS configuration

Jeff Katcher wrote:

> Carmen Correia wrote:
> >
> > I have a machine with Debian Linux 2.0 installed and I am trying to
> > configure it as a  DNS server. This machine is not connected to the
> > Internet, for now I am only using it to create a Intranet. My LAN as a
> > class A  address with a mask of 255.255.0.0. in order to have various
> > sub-networks.
> >
> <snip>
> Have you tried the "bind" Package??

	If you have already installed the BIND, you can always use the bind
configuration scripts which are included in the Debian package.

	But I should warn you that perhaps that's not what you want to do.
Because if ever you want to connect your network to the internet, you
will have to renumber every machine, and that is A Bad Thing(tm).

	Instead you can get real, official addresses from the local ISP, or
even use the reserved numbers for internal, disconnected networks (do
not remember them, should be at any HowTo), so that any IPmasq will be
able to connect you net to the internet whenever you wish.

--
Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda