Re: Package Help Please

> Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd wrote:
>
> I am trying to install packages from a floppy/s using dselect but keep
> getting the messages:
> /var/lib/dpkg/methods/mount/packages/ does not exist
> can any give me some advice on this?
> or just general advice on installation (x window etc)
> regards
> Stephen Lavelle

	dselect is meant to help install/manage an entire distribution, so it
expects to find a 'Packages.gz' file where you point it to.  This file
contains all the package info of the distribution.
	If you have the individual 'filename.deb' file, use dpkg to install the
deb package:

	dpkg -i filename.deb

--
Ed C.