Re: DEL key in Xemacs

Daniel Elenius <daniel@i203.ryd.student.liu.se> writes:

> I have this problem that has been bugging me for quite some time:
> I can't get my DEL key working properly in Xemacs. I want it to always
> generate delete-char, but it works like backspace, i.e. generates
> delete-backward-char. I have a swedish keyboard. I've put
> (require 'iso-syntax) in my .emacs.

One of the most wonderful things about xemacs20 is the extent to which
it is easily customizeable through the custom.el interface.

Do M-x customize  -  when asked for the group say "editing-basics".
One of the choices will be "Delete key deletes forward" - it is off by
default; change it, then make certain you both "Set" and "Save" the
settings in that group.  Then, it should work as expected (maybe after
a restart of xemacs).