Laptop woes - Network Cfg.

I can't seem to do anything without running to you guys!  You already
helped me through two problems (both my fault, of course), and here I am
again!

I promise that as soon as I get going and am connected, I'll quit using you
all as a crutch.  Yeesh..

Regardless: I'm having trouble figuring out how my system should be set up
to connect a network:  I have an IBM Thinkpad 755C, and a USRobotics
XJEM3336 w/10Mbs LAN Adpt, and am trying to hook up to a LAN. (If this card
won't work, I could try couple different ones... there are several laying
around here)

How can I get my Boxlet to recognize the interface?  Once I've got it
going, how will I be able to test it?

When I installed Debian on my desktop, it was a breeze and a half, all I
had to do was tell it to use the driver that was listed, and from then on I
was pinging all kinds of hosts.  Matter of fact, I don't think I had a
single net-related problem with that PC.

Now then, all this PCMCIA stuff has thrown me for a bit of a loop.

Thanks for any help,
-Ryan King