Re: Always my problem with X

Hello,

> I still got that problem running X :
>
> waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE
> "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
>
> immediately after the graphical screens comes up... and down !

That error message doesn't sound too bad - after all, it says "fixing" without
sounding panicky. Actually, I just checked and I get it too!

The real problem is probably in the messages above that, which probably scroll
past too fast for you to read them. You'll need to redirect the standard error
to a file and post that.

How to do it (in bash):
    startx 2&>startx.error

Explanation: "standard error" is the place where error messages go, and is
always numbered 2. The above command tells bash to run startx, redirecting
number 2 into the file startx.error

HTH

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>