Re: Remote Chat

MoiN

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Jim wrote:

> Is there a way I can real time chat with other users on our remote
> Debian system?
> I think there was an echo command on my old Novel system but that was
> many years ago. Is there a like utility on Debian?

You talk about a program called talk? You can find it in the packages
`talk' and `talkd' (slink - don't know where they are in hamm). Install
the talkd on that host the users are logged in you wish to talk to, and
then call

    talk user@host

(or only `talk user', if you are on the same host). There are more
talk-clients out there, you can try `ytalk' e.g. included in debian.

    Ingo
--
Starting Java...