Re: Valid values for LC_ALL and LANG?

On: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:09:10 +0100 (CET) Daniel Elenius writes:

> Does anyone know what values you might have for the environmnt
> variables LC_ALL and LANG (I sometimes get a warning that I should
> set these). I have set LC_CTYPE (to ISO8859-1), I use a swedish
> keyboard. I haven't found the specs for these variables anywhere.

I didn't find it either on my system (besides the little docs in
locale(7) and the libc6-doc info page.  The only thing I know is that
the general syntax is something like:

	langague_COUNTRY.charset

On my system I set LC_CTYPE to de_DE, you should set it to sv_SE.  I
hope latin1 is the default charset for this language.  LANG gets the
same value, I didn't used LC_ALL at all.

	Torsten