Re: X troubles

Hi,

Check file /etc/X11/Xserver, it should have server name in it, like:
<pccmu1> more /etc/X11/Xserver
/usr/bin/X11/XF86_S3V
Console

The first line in this file is the full pathname of the default X server.
The second line shows who is allowed to run the X server:
RootOnly
Console      (anyone whose controlling tty is on the console)
Anybody

Sasha.