net connection lost

I have somehow lost my ether connection through my network card.  I can
execute the commands in /etc/init.d/network as root (after doing a
modprobe ne io=0x240) and my network card is found and configured.  So why
is it not working at boot time?  In my daemon log there's this line:

insmod /lib/modules/2.0.35/net/ne.o: symbol for parameter not found

I'm not sure if if relevant or not.  When I boot, I get a number of errors
where it should be setting up my ether card.  Modprobe does appear to find
my network card on bootup.  Anybody have any ideas?

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."