Re: Downloading the Linux file from ftp -Help!

Alan Tam <alantam@usa.net> writes:

> [ ] text/plain          [*] text/html
>
> Hi David,
>
>         Use your browser (Netscape) to download it and save the page as *.txt.
> But normally Linux is an image file, if you save it as a text file you can't
> boot your system in text format.
>
>         Alan
>
> "David B. Teague" wrote:

Actually, Stephen wrote this, but because Stephen's web browser
pretending to be an email program put an HTML alternative, David's
program included the same HTML, and your (Alan's) web browser only saw
the HTML, not the very helpful text David wrote.

>            Can anyone can give me some advice on how to get the kernel
>      (linux) file from a ftp site with downloading it as a .txt
>      file?ThanksStephen LavelleAustanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd.

Stephen and Alan: Disable HTML posting in your "mail programs".

Stephen: Try to turn on automatic line-wrapping to 70 columns, or
whatever it's called in your program.

David: Complain to someone about Pine leaving the HTML alternative in.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird