Re: snmpd and 2.1.12x and mrtg

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 11:38:36AM -0800, Lawrence Walton wrote:
> The combo of snmpd and 2.1.12x and mrtg, is causing a small problem, snmpd
> is not reporting outgoing information on my servers just incoming. Does
> anyone have ideas to why? /proc/net/smnp is giberish to me.

    Well, it is beter than 2.0.x which was only reporting packets and not
bytes.

    Actually, I bet if you checked you'll notice that it is reporting
incoming and outgoing, it is just reporting both as outgoing.  For some
reason either the kernel (most likely considering the 2.0.x BS) or snmpd is
not reporting any incoming at all.  I grappled with it for about two weeks
before just ditching it.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my