thoughts on VM folders

I have the following problem:

I use fetchmail to get mail from a mail server.
I use procmail to put some mail in separate folders, for example all
debian-user mail goes to a debian folder. So far so good. When I start
VM (in xemacs) my 'normal' mail (from /var/spool/mail) is moved to
~/INBOX. Fine. This lets me write to INBOX while new mail is being
written to /var/spool/mail. But I want to do the same with my other
mail folders, that is, I want VM to move their contents into separate
VM INBOXES when it starts, so that I won't get the problems off being
unable to write to my folders while they are being written to by
procmail. How can I do this?