Re: Driver Disk

At 03:05 PM 11/20/98 -0400, Jeff Browning wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I'm new to Linux and for my first box, I think I'll try the Debian
>distribution. Before I repartitioned my hard disk and wiped out all my
>files, I thought I'd try out the floppys that I'm going to install
>Debian with on about 1 meg of free space on my hard disk. I partitioned
>that space to the ext2 file system and tried to install Debian on it.
>The rescue disk worked without a problem. But when I gave the system my
>drivers consisting of the drv1440.img image, it said: "The attempt to
>extract the Driver Floppy failed." Is this a disk image problem or does
>it also say that when you run out of disk space? Thanks in advance!
>
>Jeff

I'm not the authority, but I can nearly guarantee you the problem is drive
space, if you really meant "1 meg" as mentioned above. Remember, a floppy
holds 1.4 megs, and you're trying to fit the compressed data on a second
floppy (1 floppy + another floppy = 2.8 megs + compression = ?) onto a 1
meg space.

If you don't want to wipe your drive yet, borrow a jaz/zip/ls120 drive from
a friend/workplace, or just go to a flea market and pick up a 20MB drive
for $2 and use it.