kmail stopped working

Folks,

        I've only been able to run kmail once. The first time, it came up fine,
I went through the setup and was able to receive/send mail just fine. After
that one time, however, it simeply won't come up at all.

        When I click on the Mail Client icon I hear some disk activity and
that's all. However, I tried running it from an xterm and this is what shows
up:

sh-2.01$ kmail
Calling deinstallTimer()
kmail: QPixmap::convertToImage: Cannot convert a null pixmap
kmail: QPixmap::convertToImage: Cannot convert a null pixmap
kmail: QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
kmail: QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
kmail: QPixmap::convertToImage: Cannot convert a null pixmap
kmail: QPixmap::convertToImage: Cannot convert a null pixmap
kmail: QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
kmail: QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
kmail: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
kmail: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
kmail: QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()
kmail: QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()
*** KMail got signal 11
*** KMail got signal 11

        Any ideas as to what this all means?

--