Installation error.... AGAIN... *sheesh*

I'm trying to install Debian 2.0.
I am at the point where it says to "Install operating system kernel and
modules."
It asks you what medium will be used to install the system.  I choose
cd-rom on /dev/hda.  It is just a normal Atapi drive.
It asks for the directory where the Debian archive resides.
I say "/debian"
then it gives you the option to choose the file resc1440.bin from a "list
of all Archive paths"
I choose that option and it searches the paths for this file and gives me
two to choose from. I choose the most recent.
At that point, it craps out and returns to the beginning of the install
program really fast.  I can only just make out it saying "operation not
supported" before it dies.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Amanda Shuler		| I don't want to start any
shuleram@acm.msu.edu	| blasphemous rumours, but...