Re: Weird behavior with Tcsh

Hi!

Ossama Othman (othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu):
> The prompt in my "xterm-1" still shows "~/test/me."  When I do an "ls" in
> xterm-1 I get no error.  Shouldn't I get an error since the directory
> isn't supposed to exist anymore.  Is this some behavior in tcsh that I
> wasn't aware of? In the past I used to get errors from "ls" of a
> non-existent directory if the directory was removed when I was in that
> directory, at least from what I recall.
>
> Am I missing something here?

I think so. You didn't remove the directory - It still exists. Its Inode is
still the same. <speculative mode on> If "ls" uses the "." entry of the
current directory, everything is absolutely fine. if you you do "ls
~/test/me" you do get an error. <speculative mode off>

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB