Re: Problem!

Hi!

Andreas Rasmussen (razmus@hem.passagen.se):
> ...some people still use modems, I do! :-(

ie. you can't install directly from ftp/http?

> A friend of mine downloaded and created the 3 Debian ISO-CD-IMAGES from you're mirrors...
>
> Everything works fine untill I come to the "dSelect" program..
> Some packages is on the first cd (BINARY.RAW) and som are on the second cd (CONTRIB.RAW)..

Ahh, I see, the multi-CD problem. There are some workarounds:

a) ignore the CONTRIB CD for now.

b) see a), but use dselect only with main and add contrib/non-US/non-free
packages manually. (HINT: dpkg --info foo.deb showes you the dependencies,
dpkg --install foo.deb installs it.)

c) get a second CD-drive and mount both CDs

d) copy ony CDs to harddisk

e) copy the Packages.gz files and one .deb for each section (contrib/
non-free/ non-US) to eg /debian/CONTRIB (same path as on the CD) and when
dselect wants to install packages from this CD mount the CONTRIB cd as
/debian/CONTRIB.  This is kind of advanced - and untested ... Contact me to
make me work out more details.

Maybe some other guys on this list have easier ideas.

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB