Re: Moving Files from Windows

I've just discovered a way of getting an "almost unix shell" on a msdos
window under Windows 95.

There is a port of GNU software to the DOS environment.  I have downloaded
bash, emacs, and lots of other useful "unix like" commands to a windows
box and it works beautifully.  The port is called "DJGPP" so do an
internet search on this to find what to download.

Once you have these commands, you can use "split" to break up a file so it
fits on floppies, and then use cat to join it up again later.

Hope this helps,

Mark.