beginner: mouse driver

I am trying to get the mouse running on an NEC powermate 486 sx-25 i.
When installing the mouse driver a message says that it depends on misc.o
>From the busmouse HOWTO it seems to be the PS/2 type of mouse.
Im not sure what to do.

How would you install the mouse driver after the system is running,
or can this only be done at the time of the initial setup.

The machine has a 4x cdrom drive.
I have the debian binary-i386 cdrom,
but did not find any mouse driver or misc.o file.
Is there a cdrom with the files I might be looking for,
or where on the internet can I download onto floppies,
the files to do this.

I am installing from floppies and once the cdrom driver is loaded,
the base system is installed from the cdrom.
Im using the internet in a public library.