Re: Matlab 5.2 and Hamm

>    I saw your e-mail on the list.  I'm having problems with installing.
> I'm getting the error message
> Regex Error: Memory exhausted
> Abort
> (which isn't particularly informative)
>
> so if you get things working, I'd appreciate hearing what you did.
>
> > I want to install matlab 5.2 on a Hamm system.  I think I need to check
> > that I have the correct libraries.  I've found a list at:
> >
> > http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/v5/21466.shtml
> >
> > But the other thing is: is matlab compiled under libc5 or libc6?  And how
> > does this affect things?
> >
> > I notice for example that there is
> > 	/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libXt.so.6.0
> > and
> > 	/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.0
> >
> > How does linux work out which library to use when running matlab?

I've got Matlab 5.2 on my Hamm system.  The system administrator here
installed it for me, but I can tell you what they did.  Any incompatible
libraries (i.e. libraries that would make Matlab work, but might break
your Debian system) are installed local to Matlab.  That may be
complicated, but it works fine.

Hope that helps,
Joe