Re: slink breaks

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 11:25:13AM -0500, Robert Rati wrote:
> I removed xlib6 and re-installed it, but when dselect tries to install it,
> this error is given:
>
> ERROR: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale does not exist
> Please report this bug to <branden@debian.org>
>
> Has anyone does this?  I suspect that this what is causing my error with
> netscape.  Are the X packages still basically broken?

I had the same problem a couple of days ago, and IIRC I solved it
the following way:

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 (/usr/lib/X11 is a symlink to this directory)
rm -rf locale
rm -rf locale.xlib6-old (if it exists)

reinstall xlib6g
reinstall xlib6 (gave a couple of error msgs but installed)

cd to /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11/ and do 'rm -rf locale' (this
directory was empty on my box). Then do (in the same directory):

ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale locale

This procedure got things working on my box again (most notably
Netscape and Matlab started to work OK again)

HTH
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +