Re: ISP

Here are a couple:

A nice background with a lot of info
So you wanna be an Internet Service Provider ISP) -
http://www.vicnet.net.au/vicnet/help/isp.htm

A lot of links with 'The Linux-ISP-HOWTO' as the first link (a good link
as of this morning)
Linux ISP - http://www.anime.net/linuxisp/

These should get you started.

Enjoy
Greg
Damon Muller wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:51:32 -0800 (PST)
> Lazar Fleysher <fleysher@chudo.lanl.gov> wrote:
>
> > Could some one tell me how to set up an ISP on Linux. I remember seeing a
> > howto on the subject, but can  not seem to find it. How to apply for
> > IPaddresses?
>
> I seem to recall having seen one once as well, but it seems to have
> fallen out of distribution. It was called the Linux-ISP-HOWTO (or
> something along those lines). I do, however, suggest that if you don't
> already know how to do this, and you are thinking of setting up a
> commercial ISP, then you are definately biting off more than you can
> chew!
>
> However, if you want to set up a box to have a few friends log into,
> have a look at IPMasq and mgetty. That should allow you to have ppl.
> connect via PPP.
>
> Cheers,
>
> damon
>
> --
> Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
> (damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,
> Network Administrator     | And was everyone dancing on the casket...
> EmpireNET                 |                      - TBMG, "Dead"
>
> --

Greg Frye, APS
California Environmental Protection Agency
Air Resources Board
Monitoring and Laboratory Division
1927 13th Street
P. O. Box 2815