speech recognition

Having looked around, I'm pretty sure there's no decent speech
recognition for Linux around.  Please please correct me if I'm
wrong!

But am I also right in thinking that running one of the windoze
speech rec packages under Wine wouldn't work?

What I -really- want is to be able to work in my virtual consoles,
using the speech rec to feed keystrokes - so just having it "pretend"
to be the keyboard.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/