apt-get update & apt-get update : i don't understand...

Hi,

I used to keep my system up to date with 'apt-get update ;
apt-get dist-upgrade'. So far, so good : i've upgraded from Hamm to Slink.

Since Potato is online, these commands doesn't notice any
update... For example, my telnet package version is 0.12-2 but there
is a new version 0.12-3 in the instable distro : if i run 'apt-get
update ; apt-get dist-upgrade', 0 packages updated. If i run 'apt-get
install telnet', apt-get complains my version is newer than the one on
the ftp site...

My /etc/apt/sources.list contains the following entries :

deb ftp://ftp.oleane.net/pub/mirrors/linux/distributions/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable non-US

And i've checked that the unstable directory on this site is a link to
Potato. I've tried to use the ftp.debian.org site : same thing...

Any idea ?  (It's not critical, but i'm wondering why apt-get has such
a behaviour)

Thanks in advance,
Éric Jacoboni     « J'ai épuisé le tout-venant, je vais me risquer dans
                    le bizarre » (M. Audiard)