Re: DNS woes

Gregory Dickinson wrote:
> Here's my (somewhat strange) situation, I hope someone can help.
>
> I have a 2.0 box configured as a DNS for our intranet.  Said Debian box
> has 2 NIC's in it, one for the public side (internet) and one for our
> provate side (intranet.)  I was wondering (mainly) how to make the DNS
> only answer queries from the private side, not the public side also.

Just put a "listen-on" directive in your /etc/named.conf (assuming you are
running bind 8).  I use

        listen-on {
                192.168.0/24;
                127/8;
        };

You will of course need to modify this for your setup.  Check the
documentation in the bind-doc package for details.
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>