Re: Yet another lilo question!!!

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Paul McDermott wrote:

> What I want to do is very simple.  Yet i can't find a solution to the
> problem.  Here is the situation.  (I am asking for someone else i may not
> have all the correct informatiofn)
> partion my drive with the following
> hda1	win98  4gig
> hda2    /      100megs
> hda2    swap   64mgegs
> hda3	/usr   2gig
> i want to have a lilo.conf file be able to boot either win98.  i can'
> figure out what the image=? for the win98 part should be. please can
> somebody email me their copy of the linux.conf or tell me what to do.  I
> looked into the documentation of lilo and looked on the mail archives and
> couldn't find anything.
> thank you
> Paul

I use this, change it for yourself, and it should work fine.:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
compact
vga=5
delay=100
default=linux
image=/vmlinuz
     label=linux
     root=/dev/hdc1
     read-only
     password=<password>
     restricted
image=/vmlinuz.old
     label=oldlinux
     root=/dev/hdc1
     optional
     read-only
other=/dev/hda1
     label=Win98
     loader=/boot/chain.b
     table=/dev/hda

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                   I've got places to go... People to annoy.